Completed Mission Trips:
Mazatlan, Mexico May 27- June 6, 2023
- Led by Debbie McDonald
- A total of 1978 patients were seen
SKCC, April 27-30, 2023
- In all health care categories, 3066 patients were helped
Afghanistan Refugee Clinic, March 3, 2023
- This was a special one day clinic held at Uplift NW, led by Ginny Mercer
- 77 patients were seen
South King County Clinic October 20-23, 2022
- Over 1000 patients served
Project Homeless: January & February 2020
- January 2020, Kitsap Homeless Clinic
- February 13-16, 2020, Seattle King County Clinic
Puerto Vallarta: May 2019
- Led by Ed and Carole Rich
- Approximately 2300 patients seen
Uganda: October 2018
- Led by Dr. Willow Thompson and Dr. Jeff Forrey
Project Homeless: January 2018
- Kitsap County - 125 patients seen
Nepal: October 2017: This five day mission, led by Jeff Forrey and Willow Thompson was successfully completed with nearly 2000 patients seen.
Mexico: November 1-11: This five day mission was led by Debbie McDonald. 2300 patients were seen
Cambodia: January 1 - 16, 2016: VOSH NW flew into Phnom Penh and the team was transported to Sihanoukville for four days of work. R&R after the mission was at the amazing Ankor Wat.
Seattle King County Clinic - October 22-25, 2016: Lynn Girdlestone planned and organized the Vision Clinic and with the help of many volunteers, over 1300 patients were provided an eye exam and many received new glasses.
Project Homeless: 2014
- Everett - 240 patents seen
Coapinole, Mexico - June 18-28, 2014: This five-day mission was lead by Ed and Carole Rich. over 2000 patients were served.
Cambodia - Nov 23- Dec7 2013: Dr. Chris Barry lead this team, which saw over 1500 patients
Philippines - February 1-15, 2013: This mission has been cancelled.
Project Homeless: 2013
- Tacoma - 200
- Seattle - 225
- Everett - 250 patients seen
- Bremerton - 120 Patients seen
Uganda, Africa - 9/10/12 - 9/25/12: This 5 day mission was led by Dr. Willow Thompson and successfully completed after seeing 2200 patients
Project Homeless: 2012
- Everett - 127 Patients seen
- Seattle - 220 Patients seen
- Tacoma - 250 Patients seen
- Kitsap - 164 Patients seen
Project Homeless: 2011
- Everett – 250 Patients seen
- Tacoma – 262 Patients seen
- Kitsap – 108 Patients seen
Jamaica – Ocho Rios -10/14/11 – 10/24/11
- This 5 day mission was lead by Steven Stern and successfully completed after seeing more that 1500 patients
Mazatlan – 9/16/11 – 9/26/11
- This 5 day mission was lead by Ed and Carole Rich and was successfully completed after seeing more than 2500 patients.
Project Homeless: 2010
- Everett – 223 Patients seen
- Seattle – 278 Patients seen
- Tacoma – 250 Patients seen
Jamaica – 9/18/10 – 9/28/10: This 4 day mission lead by Steven Stern was successfully completed. Over 1800 patients were seen.
Puerto Vallarta 5/19/10-5/29/10: This 5 day mission to the Coapanole area of PV was lead by Ed and Carole Rich and was successfully completed after seeing over 2,500 patients.
Ecuador: 2/27/10-3/14/2010: This 3 day mission to Guayaquil lead by Dr. Milt McCrum was successfully completed. Approximately 1000 patiens were seen.
Jamaica – 9/18/09 – 9/28/09: This 4 day mission lead by Steven Stern was successfully completed. Over 1800 patients were seen.
La Ceiba, Honduras – 5/15/09 – 5/24/09: This 10 day trip included three days of clinic at two sites, seeing over 1,000. Dr. Chris Berry lead this mission.
Thailand: November 2008: This four-day work trip was lead by Dr. Ed Worthen. The Team worked four days and saw nearly 2000 patients. Congratulations to the VOSHNorthwest Thailand team and in-country volunteers.
Samoa: 8/4/08 to 8/15/08: This trip was lead by Dr. Mike DeRosier..
Coya, Peru – 2/18/08 to 2/21/08: This trip was successfully completed and a beautiful lane of of optometric equipment at a small clinic in Coya. was set up by Paul Caletti and his team. They also saw approximately 125 patients while there.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – 11/8/07 to 11/18/07: This trip was successfully completed. The team, lead by Ed and Carole Rich saw 2,266 patients, which included 90 patients seen as at Puerto Vallarta prison.
Coban, Guatemala – 2/18/07 to 3/3/07: The trip was successfully completed. 1600 patients were seen. Congratulations to Team Leader Paul Caletti and his team.
Malawi, Africa – July 2006: The trip was successfully completed. The team lead by Dr. Joe Dolezal saw 1100 patients. We congratulate Dr. Dolezal and his team.
Guatemala – 6/29/05 to 7/11/05: This trip was successfully completed. The small team led by Dr. Rich Ryan saw 800 patients on this pre-surgical mission.
Peru – 4/30/05 to 5/14/05: This trip was successfully completed. 1200 patients were seen – we congratulate Dr. Brian Reeh and his team.
Guatemala – 3/3/05 to 3/13/05: This trip was successfully completed. 1600 patients were seen – we congratulate Dr. Jenna Fukushima and her team.
El Salvador – 1/28/05 to 2/7/05: This trip was successfully completed – we congratulate Dr. Ken Henderson and his team.